Every passionate programmer uses dark mode on their IDE as Dark themes reduce the luminance emitted by device screens, while still meeting minimum color contrast ratios. The most important thing is, Dark theme reduces eye strain and facilitating screen use in dark environments which is a crying need for a passionate programmer. If you are a Code::blocks user and still searching for how to install codeblocks dark theme then I am here to help you.
As you are searching for code blocks dark theme I think you know what code blocks is. If you are not familiar with Code::Blocks then the answer is for you. Code Blocks is one of the most used opensource IDE that supports multiple compilers including GCC, Clang, and Visual C++. CodeBlocks is developed in the C++ language.
Table Of Contents
How to download and install CodeBlocks
If you haven’t install Codeblocks yet then you can install it by following these simple steps. Steps to download and install Code Blocks:
1. Go to CodeBlocks official website.
2. Click on Download the binary release.
3. Select a setup package depending on your platform. Download CodeBlocks installer with GCC Compiler eg: codeblocks-20.03mingw-setup.exe for windows. Linux Installation Guide
4. Run the downloaded installer.
5. Accept the default options.
Available Codeblocks Themes
By default, CodeBlocks comes with only a light theme that most of the user doesn’t like. On CodeBlocks there is no option for changing the theme. However, we can change the code blocks theme manually. In this Theme Package, there are 15 popular codeblocks themes available. These are:
- Bright yellow
- Dark gray
- Espresso Libre
- Modnokai Coffee
- Modnokai Night Shift
- Modnokai night Shift v2
- Slush and Poppies
- Solarized Dark
- Solarized Light
- Son of Obsidian (my favorite)
How to install Codeblocks dark theme
If you want to watch a video instead of the reading article then here is a video for you.
Installing the dark theme on CodeBlocks is very easy. Anyone can do that. There is no rocket science to install the Code Blocks color theme. Here are the simple steps to install Code Blocks dark theme:
1. Download the Codeblocks theme from the link below.
2. Extract the Rar file. You can use 7-zip to extract the file.
3. Exit CodeBlocks if already opened.
4. Click on the Start menu.
5. Open CB Share Config from the start menu codeblocks folder. Linux/Ubuntu users Open CB Share Config using:
6. Run Locate.bat file from the extracted folder by double-clicking on it.
7. Copy the file address from the upper address bar.
8. Click on Destination configuration file “…” sign on the right side of Code::Blocks share config.
9. Paste the copied address on the address bar and click the arrow sign.
10. Select default.conf and click on open.
11. Click on Source configuration file “…” sign on the left side of Code::Blocks share config.
12. Go to your extracted folder.
13. Select theme.conf on the extracted folder and click on open.
14. Check all the options on the left side of Share Config.
15. Click on Transfer on the bottom left corner of Code Blocks share config and then click Yes >> Ok.
16. Click on Save from the bottom of Code Blocks share config and then click Yes >> Ok.
17. Now open CodeBlocks, goto Settings >> Editor…
18. From the left widget click on Syntex highlighting.
19. From the top Colour theme option, click and select Son of Obsidian and click Ok. You can select any of the themes but this is my favorite.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed the dark theme on Code Blocks.
Some Relevant Article you may love:
FAQ about Code::Blocks
1. Does code blocks have a dark theme?
By default, Codeblocks doesn’t have any dark theme. CodeBlocks comes with a default light theme. But you can download codeblocks dark theme from the link I shared and can easily install it.
2. How do I change my CodeBlock theme?
By default, CodeBlock doesn’t allow to change the theme as CodeBlocks comes with a default light theme. There is no option to change it but you can install codeblocks dark theme manually by following some easy steps. Then go to settings > Editor > Syntex highlighting to change the CodeBlock theme.
Code::Blocks Forum: http://forums.codeblocks.org
I think you have already done Download codeblocks dark theme and able to install codeblocks dark theme. If you have successfully installed code blocks dark theme on your Windows/Linux Computer write something on comment below. Also if you failed to do that or want to know something else feel free to write it through comments which I always focus on. I love to hear back from my readers! And please do share it on social media so that your friends also get to know how to install code blocks color theme.
I am eagerly waiting for your valuable Feedback.